- Oh hi, I’m 28 now.
- The CommonCreativ ATL party was amazing. It was so good to see friends, new and old, at the party and celebrate this little project of ours.
- I also slept all day yesterday because oof, post-party party.
- I’m on pie 29/50. This challenge is going way too fast.
- Less than 17 days until I’m on a plane to Europe and I’m counting the seconds.
- Work is meh.
- Freelance work is yay. Trying to grow my clients a bit more now that I have a better portfolio. Have you seen it? http://www.murielvega.net
- Still dreaming of Seattle. Still looking at apartments in Seattle. Still hoping to be there soon.
- Is it fall yet?
- Alta turns one on the 25th. Time is flyinggg.
YOU GUYS. CommonCreativ ATL's anniversary party is this Saturday at Mother, from 7-10p. So, come hang out with me and my partner-in-crime, Caroline.
We put a really fun party together with three talented artists live drawing during the event, DJ Brooke spinning some sweet tunes, a Deer Bear Wolf pop-up shop and awesome raffle prices from local artists/shops. Plus, you have a chance to catch some CCATL anniversary-themed FAFATL!
More info! https://www.facebook.com/events/757092761020482/
Even if someone makes something terrible—like the music the Insane Clown Posse makes—at least they’re doing something that speaks to them. And they kept going even though people told them it was terrible. And they found their audience, and now they built a community around their work. Look, you couldn’t pay me to listen to their music, but I still feel like I have more in common with the Insane Clown Posse than I do with someone who just sits on the sidelines and shits on other people’s work and who never puts themselves on the line.Tom Scharpling in Mike Sacks’s Poking a Dead Frog (via nickdouglas)